While weddings are supposed to be a happy day filled with new love, it’s difficult to fully celebrate in the absence of a loved one. Despite the happiness surrounding the event, it’s valid to feel the absence of your friend or family member can’t be there in person.
If you’re wondering how to honor your loved ones at a wedding, below are some different ways to pay respects to your friend or family member so they can be with you in spirit.
- Include a note in the ceremony/church program
- Pin there photo to your outfit or bridal bouquet
- Reserve a seat at the ceremony
- Incorporate certain flowers
- Have a moment of reflection
- Light a candle for them
- Arrange a memorial table at the reception
- Display favorite photo’s at reception
- Play a special song
- Provide a certain favors in their honor
- Deliver a special toast
- Make a donation they support on their behalf